2022/09/06(火)AGIセミナーをオンラインで開催いたします

当研究所では、アジア研究に携わる研究者を招聘し、AGIセミナーを開催しております。
皆様のご参加をお待ちしております。コロナの感染拡大予防のため今回もオンラインで開催いたします。
※詳細は以下をご参照ください。

日時

令和4年9月6日(火)14:00~16:00
※終盤は質疑応答の予定です。

参加料

無料

使用言語

発表・資料ともに英語

発表者

サントス-マルケス・フェリペ(SANTOS-MARQUEZ, Felipe)氏
ドイツ・ドレスデン工科大学 研究員

テーマ

「The role that geography plays in regional economic growth:
Income convergence of Chinese provinces and the effect of free trade agreements on the development of triborders areas.」
(地域経済成長において地理が果たす役割:中国の各省の所得収斂と自由貿易協定が三国国境地域の発展に及ぼす影響。)

要旨

 In this talk, I would like to present the results of two projects I have worked on in the last two years. A commonality between both papers is the focus on regional economics, economic growth, and economic geography.
 In the first paper, we study income per capita convergence across Chinese provinces over the 1998-2010 period. We report the systematic reduction of inter-regional disparities. Using a convergence accounting framework, we find that over 70% of the convergence in income can be explained by the reduction of disparities in the rate of technological progress. In comparison, the other 30% can be explained by the convergence of capital inputs. In addition, we propose a way to study the impact of spatial effects in the convergence process by using a spatial filter – the Getis filter. Utilizing this framework, we find that 3.5% of the overall convergence can be attributed to spatial dependence. These results highlight that accounting for the interaction of neighbouring regions is pivotal for understanding the factors that impact provincial income dynamics.
 The second paper takes a worldwide view of the development of subnational regions that are adjacent to multiple countries. This paper analyses the effect of free trade agreements on the location of economic activity close to international borders. We exploit the variation of free trade agreements on the distribution of night light emissions at tri-border areas (also called tripoints, trijunctions, triple points), i.e. the exact locations where the borders of three countries touch. We run difference-in-difference estimations where we compare the bordering regions of two countries treated by a trade agreement versus the adjacent third country as control. These regions are defined as buffers from the triborder points. Our results show that regional trade agreements increase economic activity in regions near the international land frontiers. We also report that the positive effects decay for distances further away from the border. Moreover, running event study estimations, we show that the impact of trade agreements is only robust for the cities within those regions and not for the regions overall, as measured by light intensities. In addition, the parallel trends assumption appears only valid for the cities-within-buffer specification and not for the buffers specification.

お申込み

メールにて、氏名・所属・電話番号をoffice@agi.or.jpへ送信してください。
(前日までにご参加用URLをメールでお送りします)

お申込み締切

9/5(月)の午前中までにメール必着。

チラシ

9/6(火)AGIセミナー[PDFファイル]

オンラインで視聴参加するために(お願い)

アプリをあらかじめダウンロードしていただく方法(1)と、
アプリのダウンロード無しでブラウザからご参加いただく方法(2)がございます。
いずれかの方法を選択して実施してください。
※スマートフォンでのご視聴は(1)のみ可能です。

(1)アプリをダウンロードして参加
①オンライン配信アプリの「ZOOM」(無料)をお手持ちのPC,またはスマートフォンにダウンロードしてください。
ダウンロード方法はこちら

【ダウンロード】をクリックでパソコンにダウンロードができます。

zoom_dl_image01

こちらからもダウンロード可能です。
・iPhoneやiPadの場合
» ZOOMアプリダウンロード

・androidの場合
» ZOOMアプリダウンロード

②開催前日までにAGIより参加用URLを、お申込みいただいたアドレスへメールでお送りします。

③9/6(火)の13:45~14:00の間に②のURLをクリックして開いてください。⇒『待機室』にてお待ちいただきます。

④開始時刻の14:00になりましたら、こちらから一括入室を操作し講演をご視聴いただきます。

⑤終盤は質疑応答時間の予定です。ご質問のある方は挙手またはミュート(消音)を解除して直接お話しください。※チャットで送っていただいても結構です。

(2)アプリをダウンロードせずに、ブラウザから参加(PCのみ)

①開催前日までにAGIより参加用URLを、お申込みいただいたアドレスへメールでお送りします。

②9/6(火)の13:45~14:00の間に①のURLをクリックして開いてください。

③画面下部の『ブラウザから参加』(表示されていない場合は、『ここをクリック』)をクリックしてください。⇒『待機室』にてお待ちいただきます。

zoom_dl_image02

④開始時刻の14:00になりましたら、こちらから一括入室を操作し講演をご視聴いただきます。

⑤終盤は質疑応答時間の予定です。ご質問のある方は挙手またはミュート(消音)を解除して直接お話しください。※チャットで送っていただいても結構です。

【ご注意】

◇ 聴講者の皆さまの音声はミュート(消音)にいたしませんので、講演中はご自身でミュート(消音)設定にしていただきますようお願いいたします。なお終盤の質疑応答の際にはミュート解除をお願いいたします。
◇ ご自身の音声(マイク)および画像(ビデオ)をあらかじめオフに設定したい場合は、画面左下のカメラマーク・マイクマークに斜線が入るようにクリックしてください。
◇ ご利用になるPCやWi-Fi電波状況により、ご視聴が出来ないもしくは途中で途絶えたりすることがあるかもしれませんが、個別の対応は出来兼ねますのでご了承ください。

 

更新日:2022年8月24日
カテゴリ:セミナー

これまでの一覧に戻る

ページ先頭へ

当研究所の最新情報やお知らせをタイムリーにお届けします。

2022年8月24日
『財界九州』9月号に戴二彪所長の「地元貢献を重視した日本を代表するアジアの研究機関を目指す」インタビュー記事が...

続きを読む